Wednesday, February 20, 2013

My DIY Project: Forever Flowers

I guess you could say my big theme this week is florals. They just make me so happy! For my DIY project this month, I created a simple flower arrangement that requires only the occasionally dusting. Don't get me wrong, I love when B brings me home a bouquet of fresh flowers from the store, but the always die. Obviously. No matter how diligent my constant trimming and feeding of the flowers, they meet their end. Unfortunately, I got overly excited and didn't take pictures of each step. But it's so simple, I'll just have to explain it and then show you the final result. 

What you'll need:
6 Flowers of you choice 
1 Mason Jar
1 Rubberband or Hair Tie
1 Bag of Glass Marbles or Gems
1 Wire Cutter 

Directions:
Step 1: Trim your fake flowers to the desired length. You'll probably need your wire cutter at this point, those suckers are tough!
2. After cutting all 6 flowers, arrange them how you want them set in the mason jar. Secure with rubber band or hair tie. I used a hair tie, because I can.
3. Have your marbles or gems, I used gems, ready to go after you've placed your secured flowers inside the mason jar.
Step 4: Begin to drop in the marbles or gems all around the flower stems.
Step 5: Let go of your flowers, straighten them up a bit, and place them where you want them.
Step 6: Enjoy your beautiful DIY flower arrangement!

splurge, save, fashion, style, skinny jeans, pumps, fashion tips, save money, money saving tips, style tips, makeup, beauty, beauty tips, beauty review, makeup tips, makeup review, nail polish, sephora, essie, sinful colors, ulta, orly, butter london, how to wear, how to, how to style, how to fashion

Which color flowers would you have chosen?

Do you prefer fresh or fake flowers?

What are some of your DIY projects using flowers?


No comments:

Post a Comment

 
BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS