Thursday, February 28, 2013

Get Fit Recipe: Mexican Spaghetti

The idea behind this recipe was that I was going to make pasta free spaghetti. You know, like the spaghetti you would get at a restaurant. But no, I made a mistake that turned this from an Italian dish to a Mexican dish over night. I though I would be smart and chop the veggies the day before and let the sit together in a zip lock bag in the fridge. Jokes. By combining bell peppers, onions, and tomatoes, I made salsa. In the end, it tasted great and B liked it too. But I really wish I had some spaghetti. 

Ingredients:
1/2 of an Onion, chopped
1/4 C of Bell Peppers, chopped
1/2 of a can of Tomatoes, crushed
1 Zucchini, peeled and julienned
1 C of Organic White Rice, cooked 
1/4 C of Veggie Parmesan Cheese 

Tools:
A normal potato peeler 
A julienne peeler 

1. In a large skillet, on medium high heat, combine the onion, bell peppers and tomatoes.
2. While that heats up, peel and julienne the zucchini. Add to veggie mix. 
3. During this time, go ahead and cook the rice according to the packaging. 
4. Once the veggie mix has been cooking for about 15 - 20 minutes, taste to see if any salt or pepper is needed. Add the veggie parmesan cheese. 
5. Put 1/2 C of the rice into a bowl, and place one big scoop of the veggie mix on top. 
6. Sprinkle with a little more cheese, and enjoy!  

*Please pretend there is a picture here. I just noticed that the picture didn't save on my phone. I'm a pretty sad foodie right now*

Would you try this recipe?

Have you tried using a julienne peeler before?

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS