Monday, July 14, 2014

Motivational Monday - Shooting Down Negativity

So something amazing happened to me on Thursday. I was accepted into grad school! I'll be going next July for my MBA in Marketing. I could not be more excited. 

But something that has been coming along with the congratulations is not so sweet, and I wanted to use this Motivational Monday to address it. The first thing everyone I've told about my acceptance has said, right after congrats, is "What about Briam?" 

And I explain the situation: He'll stay here, I'll go to school. It's only 2 hours away. We have text, FaceTime, Skype, calling, and he'll come visit every 2 weeks. 

The next thing they say: "That's going to be so hard, isn't it? Aren't you going to miss him? Are you going to break up? Do you want to break up? Do you not love him?"

All of those questions make me so angry. 

Yes, it's going to be hard. Yes, I'm going to miss him. No, we're not breaking up. No, I would never want to break up with him. Yes, of course I love him. 

I'm going to get my MBA because it's something that I've always wanted. It's something that I know I need in my life to feel fulfilled. Briam understands this. He would never object to something that is only going to better my life. And his too. 

I want you all to know that if you truly want something in your life, and you feel extremely passionate about it, go for it. The right people will stand by your side no matter what. The people who are meant to be in your life are the ones who will support you the whole way through. And if anyone speaks negatively about your dreams or goals, dismiss them. At no point do you need negativity in your life. Take your goals and run forward. Do what you need to do to get where you want in life. 

My education is something no one will ever take away from, and I plan on keeping it that way. 

Food for thought: My dad always said "If someone is mean to you, they're probably jealous of you." 

motivational monday, monday, motivational, inspiration, negativity, positivity, positive thinking, courage, success, grad school, college

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS