Thursday, March 7, 2013

Beauty: Let's Talk Eyebrows

There are a few different techniques out there to keep your eyebrows in tip-top shape, but how do you know which to choose? There is an amazing post on LaurenConrad.com that gives you a few pros and cons of each technique. Lauren talks about threading, waxing, and tweezing. I personally prefer threading. I don't like waxing because of three reasons: 1. It hurts 2. I'm allergic to almost all of the waxes and 3. I stay swollen for about 24hrs afterwards, which isn't normal. I shy away from tweezing because it, too, hurts and I don't have the patience for individual brow plucking. 

I love threading. Because I have sensitive skin and little patience, threading has proven to be the best way for me to keep my eyebrows from becoming unruly caterpillars. Threading does hurt, but only a little bit. Disclaimer: Don't be like me and wait almost 3 months to get them done, then it will truly hurt like a very bad word. Lesson learned. All the eyebrow artists, as I call them, uses is a cotton thread. They twist the thread and roll it along the skin, pulling out the hairs. 

splurge, save, fashion, style, skinny jeans, pumps, fashion tips, save money, money saving tips, style tips, makeup, beauty, beauty tips, beauty review, makeup tips, makeup review, nail polish, sephora, essie, sinful colors, ulta, orly, butter london, how to wear, how to, how to style, how to fashion

After a small waxing accident, my left eyebrow was left slightly disfigured. I had a dip in my arch where a dip should not be. After about 6 months of threading, my eyebrow artist has somehow, with her magic thread, returned my eyebrows to their matching status. After many years of painful waxing and tweezing, I can honestly say that threading has made my eyebrows look the best they've ever been. 

splurge, save, fashion, style, skinny jeans, pumps, fashion tips, save money, money saving tips, style tips, makeup, beauty, beauty tips, beauty review, makeup tips, makeup review, nail polish, sephora, essie, sinful colors, ulta, orly, butter london, how to wear, how to, how to style, how to fashion

And here is a little extra for you! These are Lauren Conrad's steps to get beautifully shaped eyebrows!

splurge, save, fashion, style, skinny jeans, pumps, fashion tips, save money, money saving tips, style tips, makeup, beauty, beauty tips, beauty review, makeup tips, makeup review, nail polish, sephora, essie, sinful colors, ulta, orly, butter london, how to wear, how to, how to style, how to fashion

To read the full article, click here

How do you manage your eyebrows?

Have you tried threading before? How did you like it?

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS