Sunday, June 22, 2014

Motivational Monday - A Brand New Me

This quote really stuck with me today. It's taken time, but I've learned that if you live your life trying to please people, you'll never please yourself. You'll never be happy with your accomplishments because you'll forever have the need to be validated by someone else. Well for me, that era of people pleasing ends here.

motivational monday, motivation, myself, self improvement, confidence, courage, moving forward, loving yourself, believing in yourself, inspiration

This past week has been a very good opportunity for me to reflect on my life and make some pretty interesting and possibly life-changing decisions. First off, I got pretty sick last Saturday. I had to leave work early, I could feel it in my body that something wasn't right. Sunday morning I woke up feeling like I had been hit by a semi-truck going 100mph. Stuffy nose, serious congestion, migraine, rough cough, etc. I went to work and barely made it through. Monday I made an appointment with the doctor for Tuesday. Turns out it was (and still is, almost gone though!) a hardcore sinus infection. My 3rd one in less than a year. Because of that and other factors that I can't openly discuss, I missed work all week and ended up only getting 3.5 hours for the week. 

Now when you're cooped up in your house for 6 days, you tend to lose your marbles. I could only watch so much Futurama and The Big Bang Theory before my brian became a mooshy blob. So on day 4, I decided, without much thinking, that I was going to chop 10 inches off my hair. And I did. And I couldn't be happier! My hair is so healthy, soft, and strong! My hairdresser, Bart, also did some highlights and toned my hair. It was quite brassy-orangey before. Now it's perfect for the summer!

motivational monday, motivation, myself, self improvement, confidence, courage, moving forward, loving yourself, believing in yourself, inspiration

I also made the decision, maybe 2 weeks ago - but I solidified my decisions this week, that I was going to go back to college and get my MBA in Marketing. After almost 6 months of indecision and not knowing what I was going to do with my life (maybe fold panties for a living...), mainly while I was finishing my BAS, I finally realized what was going to be best for me and my career. I've chosen my school, gotten all my admission materials ready, and now I just have to wait until my admission window (next fall) opens. Many people say that if you wait too long to go back to school, you'll never go. Which is why I made myself a "game plan" on how to handle the next year and ensure that I do indeed to go grad school. I'm going to pay off all of my credit cards and start saving money. 

Well now that you know how my week was, let me get to the point of this post. You have to stop looking to other people for validation. If you think you have a good idea, well then you have a good idea. And you should speak up about it. If doing something, whether it's chopping your hair off or getting your master's degree, makes you happy, then go out and do it. My dad always told me that the only person stopping me was me. You need to let go of what others think or say about you and go into the world doing what is best for you. Every day. 

"An entire sea of water can't sink a ship unless it gets inside." 
-Goi Nasu




No comments:

Post a Comment

 
BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS