Friday, August 22, 2014

Ipsy Bag: August Unboxing and July Review

Who's ready for the monthly ipsy unboxing and review post? I'm not. I have to be honest, I'm kind of disappointed in the selection of products in my bag this month. Maybe I'm being too picky, I don't know. Maybe once I start using the products I'll change my mind. 

ipsy, ipsy bag, ipsy unboxing, ipsy review, urban decay, perversion mascara, coastal scents, dr brandt, absolute new york, lord and berry, makeup, beauty,

What I got in August's ipsy bag:
Urban Decay Perversion Mascara, Coastal Scents Forever Blush Sample, Dr. Brandt Pores No More Primer, Absolute New York You're The Balm in Grape, and Lord & Berry Black Silk Mini Kajal Khol Liner

What I'm excited for:
The UD Perversion mascara. I'm a huge UD fan, so I can't help but be excited to try their newest mascara. I loved the mascara last month, so obviously this one will be a winner too. 

What I'm on the fence about:
Everything else. The blush sample is SO bright and the bronzer that comes with it is So orange. I haven't been a fan of any Dr.Brandt products in the past so, who knows. The lip balm smells like those grape lollipops with bubblegum inside that we used to eat as children. And it has sparkles. What? And I'm so disappointed in the size of the liner. I've gotten full size liners and even bigger samples than that. It's so small. I'm gonna lose it in a hot second the minute it goes in my makeup bag. 

ipsy, ipsy bag, ipsy unboxing, ipsy review, urban decay, perversion mascara, coastal scents, dr brandt, absolute new york, lord and berry, makeup, beauty,

Hang Ten Dark Tanning Oil
Not gonna lie, I didn't use this. I don't have time to go outside, slather myself in oil, and hope for a tan. I'm sure it works great considering that their other products are good, but I won't find out until another time. 

Tints & Sass Fabulous Lip and Cheek Stain
This stuff is amazing! I wore it out one night for my friend's 21st birthday party. We went to the club, stayed out all night, had pizza, and this stuff didn't budge! I had pouty pink lips all night long! It was slightly drying, but hey, that's what chapstick is for!

Bare Minerals 5 in 1 BB Advanced Performance Cream Eyeshadow
Nope. No thank you. Way too creamy, creases easily, doesn't blend well, not even a good base, bad applicator. I really can't say enough about how much I disliked this product. And the color makes me look sickly. So that a no go on this one. 

Pur Waterproof Big Look Mascara
LOVE THIS! This mascara is the bomb. Seriously. It makes my lashes look full and my eyes awake. It really is waterproof and it doesn't have nearly as much fall out or smudging as my other waterproof mascaras. And not to mention the tube is pretty cool too! 

Be Fine Food Skin Care Daily Moisturizer
I really enjoyed this. I feel like it made my skin happy. It wasn't oily or overly moisturizing. Just the right amount of everything to sooth my skin after a long day. And it smells like a spa, so I'm down with that. 

If your not an ipsy bag member, become one! It's only $10 a month! It cures your beauty fix and is well worth the cost. Each bag is worth way more than what you pay. And you get to keep the cute little bag!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS